Pancakes are the perfect breakfast and brunch food. Whether you cover them in bacon and syrup or yoghurt and fruit, they hit the spot.
They only take a few simple ingredients to make, and this recipe doesn’t require eggs either which is great if you’re cooking for someone with an allergy. Substitute the milk for a dairy-free alternative, which can also be great for those following a vegan diet.
Egg-Free Blueberry Pancakes
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk (or electric mixer)
- Non-stick pan
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 250 ml milk
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 80 g blueberries
- In a bowl mix flour and baking powder. Add milk and oil. Use an electric mixer and beat for about 2-3 minutes until consistency is smooth.
- Add blueberries and stir in for another minute.
- Preheat non-stick pan or griddle, use cooking spray or drizzle a little bit olive oil,pour batter and form 4inch diameter pancakes. Fry until golden then flip and cook on the other side 1 and ½ minutes.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and blueberries on top